Below you can explore FAQs related to Endpoint Protector and find the information you need. For any other additional questions, suggestions, and improvements please contact the support team.
How does Read Only work for Network Shares?
Network Shares can be managed in Endpoint Protector using the Device Control module, alongside other removable devices and peripheral ports. The intended behavior of a Network Share is slightly different then others devices with the same right and, includes the following:
- Files can be viewed on the Network Share
- Files can be copied from the Network Share
- Files cannot be deleted from the Network Share
- Files cannot be renamed on the Network Share
- Files cannot be copied on the Network Share
- Files cannot be created on the Network Share
- File cannot be edited on the Network Share