Date: 1. June 2004
Last revised: 8. December 2020
A reference to “CoSoSys”, “we”, “us” or “our company” is a reference to CoSoSys and its Affiliates involved in the collection, use, sharing or other processing of Personal Data.
Str. Somesului 14
CoSoSys SRL VAT registration number is RO16362244.
- You use one of our websites
- You purchase one of our products or services
- We provide you technical support services included in your subscription
- You communicate with us (e.g. applying for a job, submitting a support ticket, subscribing to our newsletters, filling out a form or by sending us an e-mail message)
- You visit our offices
- You receive communication from us (e.g. via e-mail, phone, texts)
- You register for or attend to any of our events, whether virtually or physically
- You visit any of our social media profiles
- You participate in market research or surveys
These processing activities of Personal Information are helping us to manage our product or software licenses, service licenses or subscriptions, provide you with technical support services and/or provide marketing communication related to our products and services. We try to make clear to you every time we request personal data from you and for what it is required and used.
Directly from you, that you voluntarily provide us
Personal Data that we may collect directly from you includes identifiers (e.g. name), contact information (e.g. address, e-mail address, phone number, mobile number), professional or employment information (e.g. company name, job title, phone number, fax number), age or date of birth, account usernames, financial account information, commercial information, visual or voice information, internet activity information.
Automatically collected data on our sites
Data received from 3rd party sources
We may receive Personal Data from 3rd party sources, including publicly available ones, consisting of: identifiers, professional and employment information, educational background, commercial information, visual information, internet activity information, information about preferences and behaviors:
- resellers and distributors of our products and services,
- technology partners,
- recruitment agencies, recruitment sites,
- social media profiles such as LinkedIn or similar sources
- event and exposition organizers,
- project development platforms (e.g. GitHub or similar)
- lead generation service providers
- 3rd party B2B databases (e.g. ZoomInfo)
- another individual from your organization who may provide us with your business contact
- and others
In all cases personal data is collected only where such third parties have confirmed that they have legally collected your personal data or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal data to us. The information we obtain from 3rd parties may be combined with the personal data we have voluntarily or automatically collected from you.
Data collected by our products and services
The data collected by our products and services is used for the purpose that you provided it for and to improve the products and services, usage, enabling compatibility with operating systems and other 3rd party products and services. The data that is automatically collected may include IP addresses, operating system, operating system version, operating system language, browser type, geographic location, browser language, device information, server metrics, product usage information and other information. For example, using a product or service may also register you for news and marketing communication to inform you about product or security updates available for the used products and services.
Other specific ways we may collect personal data:
Applying for a job
If you are applying for a job, you may provide us with a copy of your CV or other relevant information. We may use this information for the purpose of assessing your application to a certain position. We may also keep this information on file to contact you about future opportunities, unless you ask us not to do this.
In case you participate in one of our surveys or market research activities, we may use your personal data for our internal analysis and training purposes in order to better understand our customers interests and to measure and improve customer satisfaction and to improve our products and services.
Contests and promotions
In case you participate in one of our competitions, contests or promotions, we may collect and use your personal data to administer such competition, contest or promotion.
Managing customer accounts
If you purchase our products or services we may collect and use your personal data for licensing, billing, providing training, customer support or contacting you regarding license expiry, renewal and new features and product updates.
We may collect personal data in case you choose to contact us via our Live Chat available on our websites.
We may contact you from time to time to provide you with useful information about our products or services, updates, new features or for customer satisfaction purposes or product reviews. Such communication may indicate us whether you opened the communication or not, and if you accessed the links contained in such communication. This assists us to better understand, improve and optimize our marketing activities. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for these marketing purposes. All marketing communication will be performed taking in consideration the purposes and legal basis on which we rely when using your personal data.
Customer Calls or Demos
We may ask you at the beginning of a call or product demo if we may record such call for internal training purposes. These calls will only be recorded with your express consent, otherwise recording will not be initiated. These recorded calls will only be used for internal training purposes.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
Where required by law, we obtain your consent to use and process your Personal Data. Otherwise, to collect and process your Personal Data, we rely on another authorized legal basis, including, but not limited to performance of a contract or legitimate interest.
We process your Personal Data based on the performance of a contract:
- Providing our products that you purchase
- Processing payments
- Handling technical support requests and providing technical support services
- Managing your registration or participation at one of our events
We process your Personal Data based on our legitimate business interest for the following purposes but in all cases where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy (some may include also performance of a contract as a legal ground):
- Providing our websites (including the necessary functionality for it)
- Developing and improving our websites, products and services
- Assuring the security of our websites and services
- Send you communication related to our products, product releases, services, prices or other relevant information related to CoSoSys products
- Assessing and improving the user experience
- Registering office visitors
- Sending marketing communications (see “Your Data Protection Rights” section to see how you can manage the processing of your Personal Data)
- Managing your participation at one of our research actions or surveys
- Actively searching for qualified candidates for employment
- Our affiliated companies
- 3rd party service providers and other organizations who provide data processing for us
- Reseller and distributors or channel partners (for example so local resellers or distributors of our products and services in your geographic region can contact you)
- Authorities, government department, court, agency where such disclosure is required by law or where such disclosure is necessary to exercise or defend our legal rights, or to protect your vital interests, privacy or safety
- Professional advisers (e.g. lawyers, accountant, auditors)
We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals that wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws such as GDPR. These rights may include:
- The right to access your personal data
- To correct or update inaccurate Personal Data or update it
- To object to the processing of your personal data, to the extent this is permitted by law
- Withdraw your previously given consent for collection and processing of your data
- Ask us to restrict processing of your data
- Ask us to delete your personal data, your right to be forgotten, to the extent permitted by law
- Request portability of your personal data
- Opt-out of all marketing communications (e-mail, postal, fax, telemarketing).
You have the right to exercise these and other applicable rights by contact us using the contact details provided under Contact for Privacy and Data Protection.
You may manage your subscription for marketing communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of CoSoSys marketing emails. Please note that opting out of marketing communications does not opt you out of receiving important business communications related to your current relationship with us, such as communications about your subscriptions or security information.
You have the right to complain to any data protection authority in your location about our collection and use of your personal data.
The privacy practices of these third parties are governed by their privacy policies, which you should review in order to understand their privacy policies. We are not liable for any disputes, loss, or damage that may arise from or in connection with your use of such third-party sites.
We retain personal data that we collect only for as long as necessary for the purpose for which you have provided the data or for as long as we legitimately need to do so or as long as required for tax, legal or other regulatory requirements request us to do for compliance.
If your personal data is no longer required for any legitimate reason we will securely delete it, or in case it is not possible, for example in backups or archives, your data will be securely stored, will not be used for any further process and will be destroyed when deletion is possible.
CoSoSys SRL has appointed Data Protection Officers (DPO) who are responsible for the security and protection of your personal data. Also, we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to help safeguard against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration and unauthorized disclosure or access to Personal Data that we hold. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process, and store, and the current state of technology.
Attention: Data Protection Officer
Str. Somesului 14