Below you can explore FAQs related to Endpoint Protector and find the information you need. For any other additional questions, suggestions, and improvements please contact the support team.
How do I run the .VMX virtual appliance as I am using an older VMware Workstation / VMware Player version?
1. Extract the .zip archive
2. Go to the extract location
3. Click to edit the .VMX file using a text editor
4. Search for the "virtualHW.version" field
5. Replace the default version (default = 11) to the desired version
- if you want to run the .VMX on VMware Workstation v9.x.x or VMware Player v5.x.x, then set virtualHW.version = "9"
- if you want to run the .VMX on VMware Workstation v10.x.x or VMware Player v6.x.x, then set virtualHW.version = "10"
6. Save the changes and close the text editor
7. Import the virtual image
8. Play the virtual machine