Below you can explore FAQs related to Endpoint Protector and find the information you need. For any other additional questions, suggestions, and improvements please contact the support team.
Endpoint Protector 18.104.22.168 - Upgrade Prerequisites
Endpoint Protector Functional Release 22.214.171.124 is now available. See the Endpoint Protector Functional Release 126.96.36.199 Release Notes for more information.
This communication describes the prerequisites for upgrading to release 188.8.131.52.
Endpoint Protector 184.108.40.206 Server release requires partitioning to be enabled on the database. In earlier server releases, database partitioning was not enabled by default.
The following steps are required if 220.127.116.11 upgrade prerequisite checks display the following message:
- Ensure the Endpoint Protector Server has sufficient disk space (usage <70%)
- Contact Customer Support to request the 18.104.22.168 offline patch, attaching the screenshot of the Server Information page.
- Import the 22.214.171.124 offline patch into your Web console
- Dashboard -> LiveUpdate -> Offline Patch Uploader
- Before applying the offline patch 126.96.36.199:
- Create a virtual machine snapshot
- Consider a server maintenance window, as the process may take several hours, depending on the Endpoint Protector Server database size
- Upgrade to Endpoint Protector Maintenance Release 188.8.131.52
- This maintenance release automatically applies the necessary changes to the database in order to ensure your system meets the requirements for upgrading Endpoint Protector to the 184.108.40.206 Server version
Note: Agent communication with the server and log processing will be paused while applying the offline patch and will be resumed after the patch is applied.