Learn about the current and previous Endpoint Protector updates. Information regarding changes and enhancements is detailed in chronological order below.
Endpoint Protector 2008
Windows Installation Server Version: 220.127.116.11 (32bit)
Client Version: 18.104.22.168 (32bit)
Server Administration and Reporting Changes
- Stealth Mode added This mode can be used if the administrator wants to block all portable device use but the user should not be aware of Endpoint Protector.
- Transparent Mode added In this mode the administrator is able to monitor all user and machine activity and actions hidden from the users eyes. The user is not aware of Endpoint Protectors installation on the system since all user activity is not blocked but only traced and shadowed.
- File Tracing and File Shadowing is now also as granular setting definable for Users, PCs and Groups where added.
- Graphical log data visualization was added in the Reporting & Analysis module.
- More settings for policies can be defined granular for Users, PCs and Groups.
- E-Mail Alerts to notify administrators of events have been added.
- Many features have been improved and additional functionality has been added such as advanced searches and filters.
Client Side Changes
- Endpoint Protector Client protection against user attempts to stop it by force.
- Reduced memory and CPU usage.
- Faster communication between client and server.
- Client self test to confirm use of correct settings and policies.
- Improved use of TrustedDevices Level 1 to Level 4 for enforced encryption on portable storage devices.
- The Endpoint Protector Server routine for installation on the Windows 2003 Server Platform has been simplified and improved.
- Installation of PHP and other 3rd party software requirements (OpenSSL, etc.) has been simplified and improved through extended assisted installer.
- Updated Active Directory Plug-in with improved performance and functionality was integrated in the installer.