Learn about the current and previous Endpoint Protector updates. Information regarding changes and enhancements is detailed in chronological order below.
Endpoint Protector 2009
(for Windows Server 2003)
Windows Installation Server Version: 18.104.22.168
Client Version: 22.214.171.124 (32bit and 64bit)
Below is a list of new features and improvements to the previous versions.
Server Administration and Reporting Changes
- The overall functional performance has been improved by the enhancements made to the importing, tracing and shadowing operations and the addition of new features like the Backup Scheduler - Automatic Log Backup
- User Interface enhancements such as: the display of full Active Directory domain names and the introduction of a new option "Data Security Privileges", which restricts Sensitive Data sections access only to Super Administrators
- Installation enhancements: automatic binding of valid licenses after the trial licenses expire, the introduction of a new check test to the configuration steps regarding the availability of the default port 443 (used by Endpoint Protector 2009). If available, port 443 will be automatically assigned, otherwise it will prompt for a new port to assign.
Client Side Changes
- Security enhancements: the recognition of the "CoSoSys SRL" signature also for trusted applications
- User Interface improvements such as: the display of the computer name inside the "Offline device authorization" section
- Improved overall stability
- Install/ Uninstall enhancements: the Endpoint Protector databases and log files are not deleted at uninstall, unless the "Delete database and logs" option is selected (Useful during upgrades!)